Wednesday 21st October - Work for children in self-isolation


Good morning!

I hope you are keeping safe at home and feeling well enough to complete some home learning.  If you do manage to complete some work, please send copies of your completed activities via email to the school office: office@swanlanefirstschool.worcs.sch.uk - don't forget to include your name and class, so that the office staff can pass things on to me.

Maths

In maths we have been learning how to solve subtraction questions using the column method, exchanging tens and hundreds where needed.  There is a video from White Rose for you to watch here, which explains the method.  Further resources and activities for you to complete are in the 3V Home Learning Folder.

Literacy

In literacy, we are writing autumn poems, focusing on using descriptive language including similes, metaphor and onomatopoeia.  I have put a copy of my lesson slides and resources in the Home Learning Folder: when you have completed the activities set, begin to make a draft of your autumn poem.

PSHE

In PSHE, we have been reflecting on the effects of lockdown and our return to school.  We will be designing a t-shirt to show some of the positive aspects of our time in lockdown, and also some of the things that we are looking forward to doing in the year ahead - both at home and at school.

For example, my t-shirt design might show that I enjoyed spending more time with my family during lockdown. I might design my t-shirt to reflect some of the fun activities that we enjoyed together.  Looking forwards, I am glad to be back at school, and my t-shirt design would reflect that, but I am also hoping to read some more books this year, I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas and birthdays with my own children.  Think about what it is that you have enjoyed - or what you hope to get up to later in the year - and get creative!

The t-shirt design template is in the 3V folder for you to use - remember to make it as bright and colourful as you can!

That's all for today: I hope you are soon able to rejoin us in school!

Mrs Vaqueiro

No comments:

Post a Comment