Tuesday 16th June


Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all keeping safe and well and enjoying learning a little bit about space this week.  


Would you like to do some space-themed art work today?  If you have some wax crayons and paint at home you could have a go at doing some crayon-resist painting, like this - you draw images with crayon first, and then paint over the whole sheet.  The paint won't stick to the wax crayon part so the results are really effective.

You could even take this a step further if you like and use the wax resist technique to write secret messages or draw a surprise picture.  Instead of using wax crayons to write or draw with, you could ask an adult if you can borrow a white candle to use instead (or just use a white crayon, if there is one in the pack).  Your secret picture or message will only appear when it is painted over!  I used to have lots of fun doing this when I was little, and so did my children when I showed them how to do it too.

I hope you have a brilliant day!

Best wishes

Mrs Vaqueiro


No comments:

Post a Comment