Tuesday 9th June


Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all well and still keeping safe.  I am really missing seeing you all every day in the classroom - although I do get to see some of you on the days when I am in school, it's not quite the same thing.  Still, we have to make the best of things, and try to keep in touch when we can.

School itself looks rather different to normal at the moment.  Mr Batts, Mr Forrester and Mr Jones have been working really hard to organise everything to keep everyone safe as we welcome more and more children back to school.  As you know, the Reception and Year 1 children have already been allowed by the government to go back into school, but they have to keep to smaller group sizes than usual, so they are using some extra rooms to make sure they keep safe.  We have some children from Reception using our classroom at the moment, so it looks very different! 

Some children, whose parents are Keyworkers, have been able to come into school to be looked after by the teachers all along.  This is the group of children that I look after on the days when I am in school.  

We call all our different groups of children 'Bubbles,' and it is really important for the people in each Bubble to stay safely apart from the people in other Bubbles.  This is to help stop the spread of any germs, and keep everyone in school healthy and well.  It does seem quite strange to begin with, but everyone is being very sensible and grown up about it.

All this talk of bubbles reminded me of how much I used to love bubble mixture when I was little - and how much my children loved blowing bubbles when they were your age!  Did you know you can make your own bubble mixture?  You can find a recipe here!  It's really simple to make (you just need some washing up liquid and some water).  I love spotting the rainbow colours in each bubble and watching them floating gracefully in the air.  You can even use the bubbles as inspiration for some poetry writing: have a read of this home schooling blog for ideas.  

That's all from me for today - stay safe and be kind to each other.

Best wishes

Mrs Vaqueiro


No comments:

Post a Comment